MOS1470CR - 14" X 7" CAST IRON OPUS ONE SNARE DRUM
Harkening the famed “sewer pipe” drums coveted by top orchestral players, this concept has been modernized to offer range and projection suitable for the most dynamically demanding musical passages. Pairing the formidable 6.35mm Seamless Cast Iron Shell with die-cast hoops, this instrument yields unparalleled focus, extreme sensitivity, and undeniably unique tone.
– The smooth and silent OP-01 strainer is a simple and classic functional design featuring a laser-engraved knurled vertical fine tuner adjustment.
– The integrated bridge sets the optimal angle allowing the snare cables to establish a true and consistent point of contact with the resonate side head. The result is extreme responsiveness at all dynamic levels and playing areas of the drum.
– To achieve a classic and elegant look as well as maximum shell resonance, the Opus One series drums feature the chrome plated „I“ lug
– Each model features its own unique set of hybrid or single snare cables in order to maximize sensitivity.
– Die Cast Hoops for a strong and focused sound.
– Each model comes with specific head combinations and specific DrumdialTM; tuning suggestions through extensive testing and collaboration with world renowned artists.
– Each model comes Frequency Modifier (FM) accessories intended to allow performers to quickly modify the snare drum’s tone. Extensively tested and tailored using the most suitable materials, shapes, and weights as to not muffle desirable frequencies or stifle the drum’s response, but rather allow the player to enhance and expand the pallet of sounds available.
– 14″ X 7″
– Cast Iron
– Shell: Cast Iron (6.35mm)
– Bearing Edge: Rounded (top) ; Inner Sharp 45° (bottom)
– Finish: Antique Nickel Brushed
– Hoop: Die Cast (Zinc)
– Lug: Chrome I Lug
– Strainer: The OP-01 Strainer
– Snare Cables: CS16 -14 Coated (16) 0.85 mm cables
– Heads: Batter: Remo Ambassador Coated ; Snare: Remo Diplomat Hazy Snare Side
– Frequency Modifier : PFM1470
– Specifically with 14″x7″ models in mind. Suitable for any 14″diameter drum
– Optional XS750A-MH Snare Stand Available